Chia seeds are small black color seeds. They are whole-grain food that are consumed it its natural form. The culture of health and fitness has gained importance recently. With health and fitness this super food also came in the support of this industry.
As everyone else I found them on YouTube and decided to give them a go.
These seeds contains per 100 grams 486 calories, 16.5 grams protein, 34.4 grams fiber and 17.83 grams of omega – 3. if this is not enough to impress you what is? Hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and sesame seeds are some other seeds available in the market. What makes chia seeds so different. They have more fiber, calcium, phosphorus and iron. If your goal is to gain more energy and fiber, chia seeds have the upper hand among all others.
How much chia seeds per day?
From my personal experience two table spoon in one day works best. But I am no doctor, nutritionist, or dietitian. I simply start using something and figure out later what and how much works better for me.
Excess consumption of these seeds may lead to constipation, gas, bloating or even diarrhea. my advise is, if you are a beginner start by consuming one spoon per day and then gradually increase as it suits you.
Benefits and side effects
- Weight loss: Although there is a lot of fuss about weight loss using these seeds but to be honest it did not worked for me. I was doing a lot of exercise along side and i feel that, all the weight i lost was because of the workout. They definitely helps in loosing weight but they alone cannot carry that function for your body. Again I do not claim this to be 100% accurate. As I always say everything works differently for everyone.
- Digestion: In this particular section, I thank god I found them. I have food habits that I am not very proud if. but disclaimer I am working on them. because I eat food that i should not. i suffer with digestion a lot . but that was before. now ever since I started using them, they have worked as a wonder.
- Skin: As they are rich in fiber, they will make your skin glow. yes, they do. the difference is visible. use them. you will know.
- Aids in fighting with disease: they are rich in omega 3. everyone knows omega 3 reduces bad cholesterol. thus helps in fighting with heart disease. there are studies suggesting that this seed is also helpful in reducing type 2 diabetes.
Hey People! We have finally made it to our first podcast. So exited!! We are focused on creating and covering new and interesting subjects. A lot is about to come. Get ready and tune in.
This episode is all about Parent-Child Relationship in our generation! Questioning the traditional approach to parents is a valid issue.
(just trying to shaping it blue)
Best way to eat chia seeds:
Direct consumption of these seeds is quiet dangerous. As they can absorb up to 27 times of water. it is better to mix them with any food first. then consume.
What works best for me:
I add one tablespoon in my water bottle. every-time I drink water from that bottle. I get a good amount of energy and fiber
You can also add them to your shake or smoothie. you can use them as a side dressing for your salads. Chia pudding recipe is vary famous as well.
Ektajust trying to shaping it blue.
Also read: How to focus?
- Lock-Down | 10 things to do in your lock-down time at home. - March 30, 2020
- Yoga- Introduction, and Benefits for your body. - March 29, 2020
- What does chia seeds do to your body? - March 28, 2020